Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Wow. I'm in shock.

This morning I discovered that my girls' mother was released from prison and I have yet to be informed by DHS. I'm not sure what happened here. In February, I was told that she had at least two more years before she would even be eligible for release. How does one go from not eligible for a couple years to being released in a month? I have no idea.

To my knowledge, a petition to terminate her parental rights to Lil Sis has not been filed. Now that the system has played around and waited so long, it will probably be extended even longer to give her a chance to work her plan.

Don't get me wrong, I want her to be successful. I want her to learn to lead a healthy, productive life. However, not at the expense of a child. Lil Sis has not seen her since she was an infant. She is 6 now & has no bond with her and no memories of her. Given everything she's been through already, I can't even imagine...

Nope...I'm not going there.

One step at a time. That's all I can do.

Lord protect my babies & give me strength to give them whatever they need.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family! Whoever dropped the ball on that one should just walk one mile in your shoes and those of your kids. As to the reason, maybe overcrowding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be
    actually something that I think I would never
    understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad
    for me. I am looking forward for your next post,
    I'll try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my blog - proteine musculation forum

    ReplyDelete