Thursday, April 17, 2014

Updates

Scrolling through, I notice that the blog has turned to mostly photos & I haven't actually written much lately. Mostly it's because I'm busy & exhausted, but what else is new?

So...for the updates:

I am currently job hunting, which is a full time job, in itself. But, I also have to actually work, & raise kids. I only have until the end of May to find something, because that's when my current job ends (No, it's not related to my Bar results, but I'm not at liberty to discuss the reason that my position is being eliminated, at this time). I'll probably have time to get it all done, as long as I don't sleep...or eat...or have any sort of human contact, ever...

I've submitted over a dozen applications already & am writing cover letter for a half dozen more, today. I'm determined to find something. However, I will be taking Saturday off & doing as little as humanly possible, because it will be my birthday. Even if no one else celebrates my existence, I will. ;-)

As for the Bar, I can retake it in July. I've sent for my essays and will be trying to formulate a plan on all that, but don't have one yet.

Let's see...what else?...

As far as I know, Wasband is still in jail. He's scheduled to stay there until the end of May, unless he pays the purge amount. The Bigs seem fine with it, but don't seem interested in seeing him over their summer vacation, so I interpret that as they are either upset with his choices or have just given up on staying connected with him, at least for the time being.

There has been no changes on Lil Sis's case. We don't go back to court until later in the summer, so this process promises to be long & tedious. Her CW is supposed to do a monthly visits, but I haven't seen anyone since January. I know that shouldn't surprise me, because it has become the pattern, but it does. The state has a responsibility to ensure the safety of the kids in their custody, and they can't do that if they don't actually check on them.

Lil Sis's behaviors have greatly improved & we are dealing mostly with normal, age appropriate issues at this point. She continues in therapy, though, and it seems to be helping her a lot.

That's all I can think of right now. If anyone has specific things they want updates on that I haven't mentioned, you know where the comments box is located...


No comments:

Post a Comment