Monday, April 7, 2014

Scores

When I returned from my weekend trip, my Bar Exam scores were waiting for me.

I failed by 4 points, which means it was the curve that screwed me. I passed all my essay, except one, which I only fell below by 2 points. However, I apparently still struggle with the format of the multiple choice part of the exam. The problem I'm having is one that a lot of people have; it's not about knowing the law, but about misinterpreting what the examiners are asking when the questions are written to be deliberately misleading and confusing.

To add insult to injury, they passed far fewer people this testing period than they normally do. So, had I received this score last testing period, I most likely would have passed.

There are no provisions for appeal & the test is only given every 6 months.

In the mean time, my job situation is tenuous. Even if the firm can afford to keep me on while I wait to retest, I don't know that I can continue to survive on the tiny salary that I'm getting.

It has been suggested to me, by a few people, that I apply to teach at university. I actually think I would enjoy that job, possibly more than practicing law, and it would provide more flexibility for me. However, I have Zero teaching experience, so I don't really know if I would actually even a remote chance of getting a job like that.

In any event, one day at a time...

2 comments:

  1. That sucks. That's all there is to be said. It just really sucks.

    ReplyDelete