Friday, September 6, 2013

"Stay focused & optimistic"

"Stay focused & optimistic."

That's the advice I got today...and it's excellent advice that I intend to take.

Things have been kinda difficult lately, but I'm going to focus on the positive.

This week, I was given a temporary order for sole custody of my baby boy. His father is still threatening to attempt to fight "to take him" but, for now, things are going well.

Along with that, the judge granted a child support order. Even better, the generosity of one of my blog readers & an amazing friend has ensured that the kids & I will get by until child support enforcement starts collecting from his employer. With any luck, that shouldn't take long & the support, combined with my modest salary, should be enough for the kids & I to make it until I can start getting attorney pay.

So, I'm choosing not to feel sorry for myself. Instead, I'm going to "stay focused & optimistic". My focus will be on finding solutions, instead of on the problems. It's going to be ok. I've got my kidlets & that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad there are some great positives in your week.

    ReplyDelete