Monday, September 16, 2013

Case worker visit

Today was the monthly CW visit.

I was explaining the behavior issues that have been going on and the underlying cause. He was stunned. He said he never realized that moving placements could cause this type of problems in kids.

Say what...?!?!

I stared at him blankly for a moment. Ummm...yeah...I still don't know how to respond to that, except to say that this is part of the problem with requiring CWs to have a Bachelor's degree in ANYTHING (as opposed to being something related to social work or child development).

Of course moving kids cause them problems!

So, I gave him a little summary of how & why it causes problems. So he asks, "How long does the therapist think it's going to take her to just get over it & stop acting like this?".

Ummm...as soon as I find the right button to push on her remote...?? Seriously, people...I cannot make this stuff up.

He continued with saying that she shouldn't be acting this way with me, since none of this is my fault (yeah, no kidding)...& then actually looks at her and says "you understand that don't you?!?"

I have no idea where he was planning on going with that, because I cut him off. She had obviously frozen & refused to acknowledge his presence for the remainder of the visit.

I think he means well, but he clearly thinks that she is just acting bratty, instead of acting out because of the trauma that she has been through.

He did tell me, though, that he will object to the grandmother being in the next court hearing. Legally she should not have been allowed in the last one & her presence only interferes. That should also eliminate the issue of her persisting about visitation, which would clearly not be in Lil Sis's best interest at this point.

6 comments:

  1. Oh for the love of all that is holy! Please tell me that you are kidding!!!l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

      Delete
  2. Um.....WTF? Degree...how about some freaking common sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is hoping this thing likes me today.
    Oh my friend I know you can not make this stuff up.
    I think that same thing on a regular basis when dealing with the system.
    As well as the bio families a lot of the times.

    ReplyDelete