Saturday, December 29, 2012

So THIS is what being childless is like?!?

I'm spending a few days without kids for the first time in ages. It's hard to be away from the baby, especially, since he's never spent a night away from me before. However, I plan to use this time to do all the wild & crazy things that I don't get to do with the kids here....like go to bed early, sleep late, clean the garage, shampoo carpets, etc. ;)

I'm trying to organize and get things lined out because, on the 2nd, our lives return to our new normal. I start my new internship & the kids go back to school. Very shortly thereafter, my semester will begin. So, in addition to my work & kid schedules, I will have a full load of classes. My schedule promises to be more hectic than ever, but I'm focusing on the fact that it is the final semester. It's almost over...

It's been so long since I've been without kids, that I forgot what it's like. When I clean the house...it actually stays clean! When I go run errands, it takes half the time without wrangling kidlets. When I go to bed at night, I can sleep through the night without a baby's cry waking me up. BUT, when I get up in the morning, the house is empty. There's no giggling or playing or kids telling me funny stories... So, as much as the break is helpful & necessary, I miss them & I'm ready for them to be home with me where they belong.

2 comments:

  1. love it.....it's been so long since we've had even a date night, i'd not know what to do with a whole 24 hrs w/o kids! i'd probably do nothing just because i could haha.

    ReplyDelete