Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pet world

How many pets does one house need?

Yesterday, my 9 year old son brought home not one, but two, new friends. Apparently, their science classes observe small creatures for the first several weeks of school and, when they are done with their unit, the students can take them home, given they write an essay about how they will care for the creature (and the parent signs the permission form, of course).

Last year he brought home a green anole. This year we welcome 2 female fiddler crabs.



That brings the total pet count in this house to:

1 beagle

2 crabs

1 lizard

4 children ;)

5 comments:

  1. My 11 year old is begging for another tarantula, thankfully the cats ate the lizards and killed the snakes and the other spiders are dead.

    I have: two dogs, four cats, three kids and a 40 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl. You're asking the wrong person for a pet intervention. We have 4 cats, a bunny, two goldfish, a tank full of corals and saltwater fish, two llamas, and ten chickens. And the kid is not the culprit in my house. ;) My husband has cut me off...FOR NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol sounds like the zoo at my house. We have a bearded dragon and 4 dogs!! Oh wait I almost forgot to mention the 7 kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have 5 cats, 1 gecko (and of course the live crickets that he eats), 1 African aquatic frog and 1 kid! Pets rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I have you.... 2 goats, 1 donkey, 20 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 indoor cat, 1 outdoor cat, 2 dogs, and 4 fish. Plus the 2 kids. You are a great Mom for letting him bring those home!!

    ReplyDelete