Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall fun

Today was the first day that really felt like Fall weather. So, I decided to take the evening off from my packed schedule to spend some fun family time with the kids. The big kids & I had s'more & hot chocolate while we decorated pumpkins and the baby ate his weight in graham crackers.

I've never been one to decorate for particular holidays. It's just not part of what I do. We never did it growing up, so it's just not something that I've ever had as part of my life. However, thanks to the influence of school, my daughter learned about pumpkin carving. She has asked me the last couple years to do it but I just don't even know where to start. So, instead we drew on them with Sharpies. They may not be perfect, but we had fun! Check out our family portrait!

Oh, yeah...when planning for tonight, I discovered the coolest thing. Did you know they make flat marshmallows? They make s'more making so much simpler and less messy. Naturally, they won't work for over a campfire, but for indoor s'more making, they are definitely going to become a staple in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment