Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm baaaack!

It's been far, far too long since I posted regularly. I had to take a break to deal with personal issues.

I am now in my 3L year of law school. Since starting back to school I have had some pretty significant changes in my personal life: we finalized my daughter's adoption, got divorced, my children moved to live with me full time, and I had another baby.

Academically, speaking, I have made it through two full years of the law program and an amazing summer internship. I have successfully completed all the requirements for a Certificate in Native American Law and am working on, not just the J.D., but also a Master's in Native American Studies.

So, as you can tell, I had to pour a lot of physical energy into caring for the baby and an unimaginable amount of emotional energy into helping my older children with all the changes, the most difficult being the fact that their father has chosen to have very little involvement in their lives.

There is so much more to say, but I think I'll just leave it at that for the moment...

1 comment: